3 BRANK SPANKIN’ NEW Psych RN Opportunities
3 outstanding RN opportunities in Fort Collins for Nurses with experience in mental health! 12-hour shifts available – you tell us what schedule you want to work! Also, part-time and PRN options!
TITLE: Registered Nurse (Psych)
LOCATION: Fort Collins, CO (Open to relocation)
STATUS: Full-time, Employee (NOT A CONTRACT)
# OPENINGS: 3
SCHEDULE: Options to work the following schedules…
- Monday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
- Tuesday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
- Wednesday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
- Thursday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
- Friday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
- Saturday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
- Sunday 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am
COMPENSATION: Our compensation package includes:
- $56,000-$72,000 Annual Base Salary
- Shift Differential on ALL SHIFTS – between $2.50-$3.25/Hour or $5,200-$6700/Year Additional Income
- Excellent Medical & Dental Insurance Benefits
- 401k with Matching
- Annual PTO + Paid Holidays
- PLUS MORE!
The Registered Nurse will provide direct nursing service and supervises health related aspects of care. Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services. Evaluates and monitors clients for medication side effects. Coordinates medical care and intervention with staff and psychiatrist. Provides clinical assessment and problem identification, crisis interventions, documents significant interactions and maintains clinical charts and other reporting data.
- Registered Nurse degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience nursing in the mental health field
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Responsible for direct service nursing responsibilities of medication and medical supervision.
- Serves as liaison for Pharmacy, orders meds, maintain medication supplies at necessary levels and conducts med counts. Meets with drug company representatives and assists with information and instruction regarding medication programs offered by manufacturers.
- Will screen and evaluate lab reports and refer abnormalities to doctor.
- Administers and monitors client and consumer medications.
- Audits medications, destruction of medications and MARS according to state regulations.
- Educates clients and consumers on medications.
- Consults with and problem solves with supervisors, aides, program managers, psychiatrists and therapists.
- Documents progress notes on therapy and medications and reports medication errors.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and use effective interventions with clients and consumers.
- Solid working knowledge of and demonstrated ability to use current diagnostic system.
- Experience in coordinating mental health intervention plans and services with other agencies.
- May perform as triage-nurse for phone calls, refills, and appointments.
- May provide infection control and/or management, including milieu management, staff and client education and consultation to residential facilities.
- May perform nursing intake as necessary and complete 72 hour holds and provide other 27-10 services as allowed by statute.
- Will require ability to provide treatment and case management in routine and crisis situations.
- Able to visually assess responses to mental illness or reaction to medication such as hand tremors, tongue rolling, color of skin, eyes following hallucinations, size of pupils for substance abuse, etc.