TITLE: Licensed Early Childhood Mental Health Clinicians
LOCATION: Denver metro
# OPENINGS: 3 (2 Bilingual in Spanish)
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8AM-5PM
COMPENSATION: LCSW – $23.28/HR – $27.91/HR
LPC/LMFT – $21.93/HR – $26.30/HR
Spanish Bilingual- $2.50/hr. differential
Provide prevention based mental health support and early intervention to young children ages birth to five in preschool/early childhood settings. Provide individual and/or family psychotherapy to young children with clinical disorders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide consultation to childcare center staff regarding individual children, including providing guidance about challenging behaviors. Consultant will meet regularly with staff and parents to assess and understand the individual needs of the child and work with the team to develop developmentally and culturally appropriate interventions. Consultant will meet regularly with staff to develop and support reflective functioning.
- Observe children in their childcare setting to assess functioning, relationships with caregivers and other children, and “fit” in the program.
- Meet on-site at childcare program with families to complete assessments, provide developmental guidance and referrals, including linkage to clinical services. Actively assist families in referral process.
- Meet regularly with the childcare staff and the director to address programmatic concerns, as requested, i.e., inter-staff relations, program-wide concerns/changes, staff turnover, curriculum.
- Provide consultation to center staff on programmatic issues that affect the quality of care provided to the children, as requested.
- Facilitate social/emotional groups for young children.
- Provide individual and/ or family psychotherapy to young children with clinical disorders.
- Provide psycho-education and support to families/caregivers.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in adherence with program expectations and accountability requirements.
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervision as required.
- Provide monthly trainings to center staff and parents on social / emotional topics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or counseling
- Current License in Colorado as an LCSW, LPC or LMFT
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a mental health clinician specializing in psychotherapeutic work with young children (ages 0-5) and their families
- Ability to create strong relationships with adults and children with an understanding of, and respect for, culture and diversity
- Knowledge of early development, infant/preschool mental health theory and infant/ preschool mental health interventions
- Work experience in group-settings for children
- Experience with assessment of young children’s social and emotional functioning
- Experience with and/or knowledge of group dynamics and intervention with adults
[button size=” style=” text=’Apply Now’ icon=” icon_color=” link=’http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=licensed+early+childhood+mental+health+counselor&jk=80fe04c8200ef930&_ga=1.211640727.382830767.1453906627′ target=’_blank’ color=” hover_color=” border_color=” hover_border_color=” background_color=” hover_background_color=” font_style=” font_weight=” text_align=” margin=”]