#GetInvolvedChallenge :: Resource Directory Volunteer @ Rocky Mountain Crisis Centers
This summer MCS is looking to expand its resource directory to include statewide services. The state‐of‐the‐art, secure, on‐line directory will provide tools, resources and education to Colorado on local mental health and substance abuse resources.
The purpose of this volunteer opportunity is to maintain the relevance and accuracy of the resource data through data entry, research and information verification.
- Place calls to various social services organizations and healthcare providers throughout
- Enter information into the MCS database after confirming contact information, eligibility
- requirements and services they provide.
- Organize database into meaningful categories and sub‐categories to enable efficient
- online searching.
- Update program services in the database as new information becomes available.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Follow instructions and parameters for collecting, organizing and entering data.
- Accuracy in data entry.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Efficiency of research and data entry.
- Effective communication with internal and external contacts.
- Effective participation as team member.
- Effective telephone communication.
This position requires the ability to engage in phone conversations and internal meetings. The incumbent must be able to sit for extended periods and have the ability to move about the office by walking or with adaptive equipment. Fine motor skills are required to operate computers, telephones, and other standard office equipment.
The incumbent must have the cognitive ability to correctly interpret speech and written materials in English, use accounting software, create and use keywords to conduct successful web-based searches. Metro Crisis Services is committed to providing an accessible workplace. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request.
This is a volunteer position. Minimum 6 hours per week are requested.
Finalists for these positions may be required to provide date of birth, Social Security and Driver’s License numbers prior to volunteering for the purpose of background and criminal record checks. Any agreements for volunteer work are contingent on successful background and record checks.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PRINCIPLES OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Metro Crisis Services is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Advancement opportunities and employment decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, color, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local laws.