- Education Associates
- Clinical License Status Licensed
- Location Colorado Springs, CO
- Number of Openings 1
- Compensation $77,000 - $97,000
TITLE: Clinical Documentation Specialist Lead
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
COMPENSATION AND PERKS, PERKS, PERKS:
Our compensation package includes:
- $77,000 – $97,000 Competitive Annual Base Salary (reflects market competitiveness and honors your level of expertise)
- Two Medical Plan Options, Wellness Programs, Dental Plan Options, Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Spousal Life Insurance, Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-Term Career Growth & Development Opportunities
- Direct Care Access
- Education/Tuition Assistance
- Product and Service Discounts (did someone say lift tickets?)
Under direct supervision of the Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Manager, this position leads the Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist’ (CDIS) to include work assignments, quality performance and review support. The CDI Lead will function as a subject matter expert in order to facilitate and promote standardization of the CDI program across the region to ensure alignment and support in order to achieve corporate, service center and hospital goals. The CDI Lead will support education of clinical documentation specialists and members of the patient care teams, including physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and case management, regarding clinical documentation. The CDI Lead will support timely, accurate, and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting hospital and physician-based outcomes.
PLEASE NOTE: Our client is a TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS. There is no smoking or use of other tobacco products (chewing, dipping, etc.) on this unit or anywhere else on the hospital campus. For our patients who do smoke we will provide nicotine patches or gum to help with this transition.
ADN or Nursing Diploma required, BSN preferred
Current Colorado RN License
ACDIS- Accredited Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDIP) preferred
CCDS through Association of Clinical Documentation Specialists preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Clinical Documentation Improvement Professional, and 3 years clinical experience required
- Clinical experience with ICU, CCU or strong Med/Surg, preferred.
- Must demonstrate Clinical competency through successfully passing Clinical Competency exam through Nuance. Must demonstrate CDI software competency through passing Clintegrity exam within 6 months of starting role. Must demonstrate subject matter expertise, including ability to write clinically credible clarifications, identify CDI opportunity, interact with providers and meet standard CDI industry benchmarks.
- Dependable, self-directed, and pleasant with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to facilitate team building in a positive learning environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and computer skills.
- Proficient in use of Electronic Health Record.
- Experience in health information management or hospital quality program is beneficial (not required).
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Empowered Partnerships, LLC is an agency that is 100% dedicated to recruiting and staffing in the Mental and Behavioral Health industry across the United States. We have a strong passion for the mental health industry, and we love hearing people’s hopes and dreams where we can help them achieve their career goals. We have a clear passion for mental health issues and are active in bringing awareness and advocacy to mental health needs.
We look for those who aim to provide quality care in a Behavioral Health & Mental Health environment. We look for you to be accountable for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, the patient and their families to identify and meet the physical, and emotional needs of the patient.
Move your career in a positive direction providing mental health support to your community. Start challenging your career today and apply now.