- Education Masters
- Clinical License Status Licensed
- Location Watkins, CO
- Number of Openings 1
- Compensation $70,000 - $90,000 annually + benefits, etc.
Title: Clinical Program Director
Location: Watkins, CO (about 10-15 minutes south of Denver airport)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm, some weekends possible
Supervisory Responsibility: 7-8 Clinicians, Independent Contractors, and indirect oversight of BHTs
Compensation: Our client’s compensation structure includes…
- $70,000 – $90,000 Annual Base Salary
- Full Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- 401K with 4% Matching
- 10 Days PTO + 6 Paid Holidays
“A retreat-style wellness lodge tucked away on 40-acres of beautiful Colorado land where you can come to heal and restore your mind and body from addiction and co-occurring conditions. As you experience peaceful sunrises and sunsets and enjoy the natural splendor, say goodbye to your old life and welcome hope, healing and transformation.”
Our client is Colorado’s premier substance use disorder and co-occurring condition treatment program, offering a 45 to 90 day residential addiction rehabilitation program that utilizes the latest, most effective evidence-based and evidence-informed treatments. Clients entering our program take part in some of the most effective evidence-based addiction treatments currently available, but most importantly, they begin a life-affirming process of self-discovery and healing surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty and people who want to help them succeed. Our client believes life doesn’t stop when you join our residential program – it truly begins.
Our client is looking for a Clinical Program Manager with the experience to lead a growing team and ability to develop/manicure our program alongside our outstanding team of doctors, psychologists, master’s level therapists, nurses and nutritionists.
This position is responsible for oversight of day-to-day clinical operations, including clinical service delivery systems, milieu dynamics; staff development and management; quality of care; assist with documentation and compliance with policies and governing agency regulations. The Clinical Program Director is a critical representative, a conduit of organizational information and culture; and maintains professionalism in behavior, communication, and role-modeling. The role is responsible to collaborate across multiple departments to ensure smooth operations, quality, and compliance.
- Provide staff and clients with information about protocols in the event of complaints or concerns about programming, resources, or other issues, as needed;
- Maintain and instill understanding of and adherence to ethics and standards, upholds and ensures compliance with regulations and the operational policies and procedures that govern activities and services;
- Utilize critical thinking skills to anticipate challenges, prioritize, proactively plan, and to generalize information and systems for the efficient operation of the organization;
- Act as a communication liaison to coordinate services and systems across departments, resolve issues, and make recommendations, maintaining communication both up and down the hierarchy. This includes accurately and appropriately communicating organizational goals and objectives, plans, directives, and values;
- Support and effectively communicate decisions and processes by providing clear and professional communication and assisting staff to understand or resolve issues across departments; and
- Participate in activities designed to increase staff and client retention and satisfaction.
Hiring & Onboarding
- Identify employment candidates, and interview including assessment of skills, experience, reliability, boundaries, and cultural fit;
- Negotiate job offers within specified parameters and provide required new hire paperwork to HR; and
- Manage new hire training, including core competencies, OBH/JC required training, and skills assessment for ongoing professional development of new staff.
Training, Meetings and Communication
- Monitors and ensures documentation of on-going core competencies and other training for all staff, including Joint Commission and OBH required training. Arranges or delegate arrangements for standard training opportunities;
- Ongoing continuing education and professional development as required by quality programming, policy, and/or training which staff desires for personal professional development which would also benefit; and
- Ensures that pre-licensed/certified staff are supervised by appropriately credentialed clinical staff and progress toward licensure/certification.
- Convene weekly multidisciplinary staffing, modeling case presentation quality and format while facilitating effective discussion. This meeting summarizes and shares case information for case coordination and updates. Maintains a log of meeting content, decisions, and discussion;
- Convene and direct weekly group clinical supervision including administration, case conceptualization, training and professional development. This focuses on in-depth case conceptualizations, insight development, and clinical staff development. Maintains documentation/notes for each meeting;
- Provide weekly individual supervision (clinical and administrative) for all assigned clinical staff. Document every event.
- Coordinate with CORE to convene weekly BHT meeting and All Staff meetings which include information sharing, clinical advisories, policy/procedure updates, and training;
- Communicate organizational, regulatory, and policy information in an effective and professional manner, translating content to create relevance and operationalized application; and
- Communicate the needs, challenges, and strengths of clinical staff to leadership team. Advocates for changes and resources. Reports on quality, timeliness, and performance
- Maintain direct knowledge of staff performance, attendance, and issues and intervenes in a timely manner to remediate deficits;
- Monitor staff performance for:
- Quality of interactions/interventions
- Behavior/rules management skills and follow-through
- Documentation: thorough, accurate, timely
- Attendance and reliability
- Adherence to policy/procedures, schedules, and practices
- Provide staff with additional training and supports to improve non-compliance and remediate deficiencies in order to reach performance goals; and provides mentoring and coaching supports pursuant to personal professional development which integrate agency and individual staff goals;
- Participate in progressive discipline protocols, in consultation with HR, CEO, and/or Leadership team, as warranted and relevant; Other directors may ask for certain disciplinary action; consult and collaborate toward agreement and implementation; and
- Reports of harassment of any type are immediately reported to HR and/or Executive Leadership, as appropriate. Participates in follow-up activities as requested.
Clinical Service Delivery
- Assign and oversee clinician responsibilities in the provision of intake/detox processes, individual, group and family therapy; case management, crisis intervention, ACA diversion, relapse management, medical interface; and on-call and family education rotations;
- Ensure coverage, consistency, and quality of service provision:
- Schedules and frequency of services in adherence with LOC guidelines
- Quality of group and 1:1 services: therapeutic goals and content, needs met
- Maintains group assignments or substitutions in a manner that supports consistency
- Participate in the provision of services including:
- Back-up/reinforce and/or on rotation for assessments and transfer processes
- Back-up/reinforce: Group, individual, family therapy
- Provides guarantor consultation (regarding treatment trajectory and LOC)
- Provide Community Group facilitation
- ACA diversion, behavior and relapse supports to staff, and emergent needs
- Back-up/reinforce discharge planning and documentation;
- Clinical interface and consultation with allied professionals, including medical, nutrition, and other staff;
- Maintain direct knowledge and manage clinical assignments and client course and response to treatment, including client and group assignments, LOC and trajectory, treatment plans, behavioral issues, documentation status;
- Spearheads resolution of clinical complaints from clients and families. Consults and/or Refer financial discussions to accounting, admissions, executive leadership
- Audits clinical and relevant staff in order to ensure assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, EMR data, and other documentation is completed within timelines. Ensures quality, accuracy, completeness; and
- Provides feedback to staff and monitors remediation follow-up as requested by chart checks, QA advisements, and medical record reviews; provides supervisory follow-up / progressive discipline on non-compliance.
Milieu and Program Management
- Coordinate and assist to oversee CORE including his/her tasks related to:
- Scheduling and managing PTO/holidays, appropriate credential coverage for specialized services, i.e. COWS/CIWAS, medication administration, detox training, etc.
- Performance management of BHTs including: goal setting and coaching, issues, dynamics resolution/enhancement, deficiencies, absenteeism, training and other special requests, conflict, complaints, and conduct;
- Managing location services and environment of care, e.g. repairs, comfort, cleanliness, organization, U/A supplies and OTC medications, etc.;
- Weekly chore assignments to staff and documentation of such, including deficiencies to be addressed by staff and/or maintenance issues
- Oversee milieu compliance with rules/expectations, schedules, privileges, relapse events and issues, etc.; ensure communication and feedback across departments;
- Coordinate with leadership and CORE to create and maintain schedule of events and activities and ensures that implementation is evaluated for outcomes, and adjustments are made, as needed;
- Coordinate with nursing management to create and maintain effective interface of BHT medical support activities, training, and oversight;
- Oversee residential assignments, including bed assignments, gender appropriate settings, staffing patterns, LOC considerations, milieu balance and safety; and
- Communicate to admissions, accounting, census, treatment plans, clinical record, and leadership about sober living arrangements and off-site housing approvals, as needed.
Quality and Compliance
- Participate in medical record review preparations, as requested, including oversight of staff remediation of charts;
- Participation in Quality Improvement committees;
- Maintain current familiarity with compliance and policy/procedure adherence to
- Joint Commission standards
- OBH Licensing standards
- State/Federal requirements
- Policies/procedures/practices and treatment philosophy
- ASAM criteria
- Insurance brand level of care guidelines;
- Participate in accreditation processes and collaborate with licensure processes, assisting to prepare for and co-facilitate of site audits, licensing authority reviews, and site visits;
- Ensure clinical compliance with third-party payor contracts; and
- Oversees investigation and documentation of critical incidents which rise to the level of internal reporting and/or reporting to OBH and other authorities.
Our client’s requirements are simple. We are looking for the following…
Required Core Competencies:
- Client Rights and Confidentiality
- Abuse Reporting
- Electronic Medical Record System Operation
- Management Practices
- Active Colorado Counseling License required: LPC, LCSW, or LMFT
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience as a Licensed Clinician
- Minimum 3+ years management experience within treatment facilities and/or working with addictions and mental health populations
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Empowered Partnerships, LLC is an agency that is 100% dedicated to recruiting and staffing in the Mental and Behavioral Health industry across the United States. We have a strong passion for the mental health industry, and we love hearing people’s hopes and dreams where we can help them achieve their career goals. We have a clear passion for mental health issues and are active in bringing awareness and advocacy to mental health needs.
Move your career in a positive direction providing mental health support to your community. Start challenging your career today and apply now.