- Education Bachelors
- Clinical License Status Licensed
- Location Portland, OR
- Number of Openings 1
- Compensation $70,000-$115,000 Salary + 4 weeks PTO + Retirement Savings plan with 6.25% employer matching in the 1st year (8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year - Fully vested with your first contribution) + 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion + MORE
TITLE: Manager, Nursing RN
LOCATION: Portland, OR (Open to Relocation)
# OPENINGS: 1
TERM/STATUS: Full-Time Employee FTE
SCHEDULE: Monday Through Friday, 730am-530pm
COMPENSATION: Compensation package includes…
- $70,000-$115,000Annual Compensation (dependent upon qualifications)
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO) per year at the time of hire (accrual increases with longevity)
- Retirement Savings plan with 6.25% employer matching in the 1st year (8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year – Fully vested with your first contribution)
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays (to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance
Our client is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to adults and families impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions. They hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
The Manager, Nursing RN provides direct oversight of patient care in a trauma-informed and person-centered setting, including medication administration, assessment, wound care, triage patient complaints and referral. The Manager of Nursing also orders medication, oversees scheduled medication inventory, develops clinical policies and procedures, provides medical in-service training and ensures quality and patient safety.
The Manager, Nursing RN will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, hiring, supervising, and evaluating the performance of nursing staff. This involves ongoing-coaching and development of staff as well as addressing performance issues and completing annual performance evaluations.
- Manage schedule of nursing staff and provide support with high acuity.
- Develop, implement and review patient care policies and procedures.
- Review and monitor the clinical practice of nursing personnel in conjunction with the Medical Director.
- Control drugs and supplies of the medical unit, including purchasing, inventory, and administration of medications to patients.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance system, including regular review of incidents, grievances, and documentation.
- Coordinate medical in-service training for staff.
- Ensure cross-communication and care coordination for patient care and discharge planning.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of a budget for nursing personnel and medical expense.
- Serve as medical liaison to other treatment programs, hospitals, and governmental agencies.
- Support compliance with outside EMR privacy and security requirements: Notification to administrator of updated user access rights, sign and adhere to patient confidentiality agreement required by outside providers, and notify Legal and Quality departments, as well as administrator, in the event of a related PHI breach immediately, in compliance with policies and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements.
- Be available for manager on call duties for nights and weekends; on rotation with other managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse License required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or nursing education required.
- CARN or CARN-AP, or post-graduate training in public health, teaching, administration, psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience supervising other nurses required, preferably in a medical detox, hospital, ED, SNF, PES, inpatient psych, or acute care setting.
- Knowledge of substance use treatment, medical and social withdrawal management and stabilization methods and interventions.
- Knowledge and experience with mental health conditions and the ability to manage and deescalate patients presenting with co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed and patient centered practice and ability to guide staff in adhering to those principles.
- Ability to develop and write medical policies and procedures in a professional manner.
- Skilled in the supervision of employees, including motivation techniques, progressive discipline, problem solving, and performance evaluation.
- Skilled in program planning, including the development of goals, objectives, timelines, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Skilled in budget planning and the monitoring of expenditures.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum of two years.
COVID-19 has created unprecedented challenges for business, individuals, community organizations and our client alike. Our client remains committed to facing these new challenges head on, while building for the future at the same time. Leadership is more critical than ever before and identifying action oriented and courageous leaders with strategic agility and business acumen is a top priority.
* This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Empowered Partnerships, LLC is an agency that is 100% dedicated to recruiting and staffing in the Mental and Behavioral Health industry across the United States. We have a strong passion for the mental health industry, and we love hearing people’s hopes and dreams where we can help them achieve their career goals. We have a clear passion for mental health issues and are active in bringing awareness and advocacy to mental health needs.
We look for those who aim to provide quality care in a Behavioral Health & Mental Health environment. We look for you to be accountable for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, the patient and their families to identify and meet the physical, and emotional needs of the patient.
Move your career in a positive direction to provide mental health support to your community. Start challenging your career today and apply now.