- Education Masters
- Clinical License Status Licensed, Taking Exam, Completing Hours, License-Eligible, Unlicensed
- Location Portland, OR
- Number of Openings 1
- Compensation $80,000-$120,000 Annual Compensation (dependent upon qualifications), 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with 6.25% employer matching, 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays, Full Benefits, PLUS MORE
TITLE: Clinical Director
LOCATION: Portland, OR (Requires Relocation to Portland, OR)
# OPENINGS: 1
TERM/STATUS: Full-time Employee
SCHEDULE: Monday Through Friday, 8am-5pm
COMPENSATION: Compensation package includes…
- $80,000-$120,000 Annual Compensation (dependent upon qualifications)
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO) per year at the time of hire (accrual increases with longevity)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with 6.25% employer matching in the 1st year (8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year – Fully vested with your first contribution)
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance
Our client is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to adults and families impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions. They hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies that support personal and community transformation.
As the Clinical Director, you will be focused on providing development, maintenance, and improvement of all services within the outpatient clinic. Client services include assertive community treatment, intensive case management, and clinic-based services.
Our client provides a range of services within a continuum of care including mental health counseling and case management services to adults with severe and persistent symptoms of mental illness (SPMI) and substance abuse. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing.
Responsibilities include direct management of clinical supervisors, monitoring integration and cultural appropriateness of services and ensuring services are delivered in accordance to organizational policies and procedures, ASAM criteria, OARs, regional policies and procedures, State and Federal contract requirements, and other pertinent standards.
- Be the liaison with partnering agencies and programs.
- Collaborate with Directors and community partners to identify gaps in internal and external systems to strengthen support for specialty mental health services
Program Management and Program Development:
- Provide management and oversight of all services within programs. Coordinate and monitor the operation of the clinic site; including adequate and appropriate staffing, ensuring the continuation of clinical services, monitoring, and productivity standards and continue to create seamless access.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to Managers.
- Monitor clinic compliance with all policies and procedures, and contractual requirements. Implement new policies and procedures when they are approved.
- Develop and implement additional policies and procedures as needed to ensure effective operations.
- Participate in setting goals and objectives for the clinic site, facilitating the achievement of those goals, evaluating progress, and modifying processes and/or objectives as needed based on objective data.
- Plan and develop program initiatives and innovations
- Provide and document at least 2 hours of supervision per month for each full-time staff supervised. The two hours must include one hour of face-to-face contact for each person supervised, or a proportional level of supervision for part-time staff providing clinical or other support services to clients
- Participate in evaluating clients for risk of harm & initiate Directors Custody transport holds when appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of reports and other project deliverables (e.g. productivity, outcome measurements, and data warehouse) per contract expectations and program expectations.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and assist in the development and monitoring of financial reports.
- Work collaboratively with funders, partners, and outside evaluators as defined in contracts. Review, code, and process all invoices, timesheets, requisitions, and check requests, and forward to the Administrative Office in a timely manner per Accounting & HR policies.
- Ensure that program services and operations are practiced according to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Implement strategic, measurable outcome and in-process goals for all dimensions of the program to support clinical, operational, and financial excellence.
- Implement systematic, rigorous standard processes in the program to support the attainment of clinical goals, operational, and financial goals.
- Support budget development and support the systematic transparent reporting and processes to detect and respond to variances in expenses and revenues in a timely manner.
- Communicate and regularly review clinical, operational, and financial goals and results with direct reports in a team setting to facilitate collaborative understanding, problem-solving, and advancing opportunities.
- Ensure that clinical, operational, and financial results meet or exceed adopted budgets; recommend and execute plans to improve program performance as needed.
- Support funding and staff development opportunities through private and public funding sources.
- Maintain systems to ensure compliance with regulations, licensures, credentials, and contractual stipulations.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and expected practices are implemented, maintained, and followed.
- Ensure clinical privileging requirements are met for all direct reports pursuant to Privileging Policy
- Master’s degree in a human services field
- One (1) year experience in mental health
- Ability to meet State OAR’s guidelines for QMHP
- Must be registered with MHACBO as a QMHP
- LPC/LCSW preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Must be able to work variable work hours
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test and background check (this includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit)
COVID-19 has created unprecedented challenges for businesses, individuals, community organizations, and our clients alike. Our client remains committed to facing these new challenges head-on while building for the future at the same time. Leadership is more critical than ever before and identifying action-oriented and courageous leaders with strategic agility and business acumen is a top priority.
* This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Empowered Partnerships, LLC is an agency that is 100% dedicated to recruiting and staffing in the Mental and Behavioral Health industry across the United States. We have a strong passion for the mental health industry, and we love hearing people’s hopes and dreams where we can help them achieve their career goals. We have a clear passion for mental health issues and are active in bringing awareness and advocacy to mental health needs.
We look for those who aim to provide quality care in a Behavioral Health & Mental Health environment. We look for you to be accountable for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, the patient, and their families to identify and meet the physical, and emotional needs of the patient.
Move your career in a positive direction to provide mental health support to your community. Start challenging your career today and apply now.