- Languages (English is excluded) Spanish or Portuguese
- Education High School/GED
- Clinical License Status Unlicensed
- Location Worcester, MA
- Number of Openings 1
- Compensation $15-$18/Hour PLUS LOTS MORE
Peer Support or Lived Experience for Family Partner Opportunity (Worcester, MA)
Our client is looking for Parents who have navigated the mental or behavioral health system for a very unique Parental-Peer opportunity, as a Family Partner in Worcester, Massachusetts
***Must be a High School Graduate/GED and Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese***
TITLE: Family Partner
LOCATION: Worcester, MA
# OPENINGS: 1
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 830am-5pm
COMPENSATION: Compensation package includes…
- Access to the largest Federal Student Loan Repayment Program
- $15-$18/Hour (or about $30,000 to $37,000 Annual) Base Salary Compensation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Covered Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement with Matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Multiple Training Opportunities for Career Growth
This is a peer advocate role offering support in child development, child mental health, and family support services. The Family Partner works collaboratively with the Behavioral Health Clinician on the development and implementation of the program. The Family Partner also provides on-going advocacy and support to improve the quality of care. This person will utilize their “lived experience” to help other parents with effectively accessing and engaging in recommended services.
You will join a PCMH Prime Level III Accredited team that has received the prestigious HRSA Gold and Silver Award for quality client service. They have also received NCQA recognition, where staff thrives in a qualitative environment; looking for new challenges of development and improvement as the organization is driven by metrics to quality patient care.
- Conducts preliminary screening of children for emotional, behavioral, and developmental needs
- Provides HIV support in face to face interviews and by telephone
- Maintains reports of contacts
- Listens attentively
- Provides support
- Documents participants’ HIV problems and the recommended suggestions
- Follows-up on recommended changes to assess the effectiveness
- Identifies when a referral is needed
- Arranges appointments
- Contacts Coordinator for assistance when needed
- Documents referrals in logs accurately and timely
- Notifies participants regarding scheduled meetings
- Maintains outlines/agendas and sign-in sheets for group sessions
- Disseminates group evaluation form for participants to complete
- Takes meeting minutes as needed
- Tracks activity for regular reporting
- Assists with data collection or tabulation
- Prepares outreach materials
- Ensures timely documentation
- High School graduate or GED
- Must have lived experience as a parent navigating resources and programs for a special needs child.
- Experience as a community health worker or advocate preferred.
- Strong communication and advocacy skills required.
- Knowledge or interest in early childhood education, outreach, and prevention is a key requirement for this position.
- Knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese
- Good critical thinking skills
- Solid communication skills, able to work alongside and communicate with Providers
There may be some very light travel involved within the local area to assist clients. Travel is minimal (10-20%).
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Empowered Partnerships, LLC is an agency that is 100% dedicated to recruiting and staffing in the Mental and Behavioral Health industry across the United States. We have a strong passion for the mental health industry, and we love hearing people’s hopes and dreams where we can help them achieve their career goals. We have a clear passion for mental health issues and are active in bringing awareness and advocacy to mental health needs.
We look for those who aim to provide quality care in a Behavioral Health & Mental Health environment. We look for you to be accountable for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, the patient and their families to identify and meet the physical, and emotional needs of the patient.
Move your career in a positive direction to provide mental health support to your community. Start challenging your career today and apply now.