Nursing Opportunity of a Lifetime (Steamboat Springs, Colorado)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse with a particular passion for addiction/substance abuse and helping others though their recovery!
The RNs work on a team with Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatrists and others substance abuse specialists acting as role models for our participants through their recovery. Each RN will assist in detox and entering participants into the program. This Nurse must be experienced setting up and administering IV bags and drawing blood. This role will also give injections, manage prescriptions, complete participant medical assessments, complete participant follow-up, communicate with family and alert the doctor of urgent situations.
This is an opportunity to work with a company that actually does things differently. Through the consistent practice of group, individual and experientially therapy in combination with the highest quality nutrition from a personal chef who caterers to all needs, each participant is given all the tools and support they need through this very difficult life change. In this way, our client provides the most complete addiction treatment care.
The schedule is somewhat flexible and this person WILL BE given some weekends off! Our client is extremely reasonable in their expectations around the schedule.
Schedule is as follows…
Wednesday – Sunday OR Saturday – Wednesday
Weekdays shift is noon-8pm OR 1pm-9pm
Weekend shift is ANY 8-HOUR SHIFT YOU CHOOSE!!
(Please let us know the weekend schedule you would prefer in your cover letter.)
For your review, below is a copy of the full job description.
If you are interested in pursuing the opportunity in Steamboat Springs, please apply through the link.
TITLE: Registered Nurse
TERM: Full-time, W-2 Employee
# OPENINGS: 1
LOCATION: Steamboat Springs, CO (Relocation Assistance Available)
WORK SCHEDULE: Two (2) Schedules Available- #1 WEDS-SUN or #2 SAT-WEDS
Either schedule can work noon-8PM or 1PM-9PM during the week. Pick Your Weekend Schedule: Select any 8-hour shift schedule you like!! ( Please note in cover letter )
COMPENSATION: Our compensation package includes:
- $50,000 Annual Base Salary (negotiable dependent on education, experience level and overall qualifications)
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 2 Weeks of PTO & 5 Paid Sick Days per year
- Long-Term Career Growth & Development Opportunities
- PLUS MORE!
- Associates in Nursing required. Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree preferred
- Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of Colorado required
- At least 1-year relevant work experience as an RN required
- Experienced in blood withdrawal in a clinical setting required
- Ability to set up and maintain intravenous therapies required
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products and the electronic health record and ability to learn new tools as needed
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct care to those in services, including addressing medical concerns, monitoring vitals and overseeing withdrawal symptoms.
- Oversee the detoxification process according to a physician’s orders which includes: providing the addiction technicians with supervision, direction and support regarding a person’s withdrawal process.
- Supervise the Monitoring of Medications: obtain orders from the physician, place all orders in the system, verify all medications brought in, confirm medication counts weekly, order medications as needed, including PRN Medications, and approve PRN medications with the parameters the Medical Director has set.
- Implement physician orders
- Obtain urine and blood samples
- Assist with admissions: complete medical screening, aid with search of belongings, schedule physician to see the person, and arrange psychiatrist assessment
- Complete a weekly nursing assessment on each person within services
- Observe and assess physical and health changes
- Provide medical support to the clinical team
- Consult with the Medical Director and medical team on a regular basis about present individuals in service and those being admitted.
- Keep medical team updated about any medical issues the individuals in servicing experiencing.
- Assist with and keep accurate records
- Update service plan with medical and psychiatric areas being addressed
- Orient person in services regarding any medical orders obtained
- Act as the communication relay for the medical team, psychiatric team, wellness and culinary team
- Set up discharge medications and medical treatment
- Order nursing supplies
- Dispose of biohazard waste and medications
- Oversee infectious disease protocol
The applicant can select any 8-hour shift schedule he/she chooses, but they will be required to stick to it once they begin working. For example, if you are hired and decide to work Saturday and Sunday 9am-6pm, that will be your schedule ongoing.