We have an Outstanding Opportunity in the Colorado Springs area for a Nurse Practitioner with experience working with the frail and elderly population! This position is with a highly progressive and forward-thinking organization looking for the same! PMHNP not required; we are looking for a GNP or FNP with Prescriptive Authority in the state of Colorado. Less than a year experience is OK! Please apply below…
TITLE: Nurse Practitioner – Frail/Elderly
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO (Relocation Reimbursement Available)
STATUS: Full-time, Direct Employee
# OPENINGS: 1
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8AM-5PM (4-10’s Coming Soon!)
- Annual Base Salary (VERY, VERY FLEXIBLE – Dependent upon qualifications and experience level, starting at $90,000+ to UNLIMITED – $125,000+)
- Outstanding Insurance Benefits package
- Company Reimbursed Malpractice Insurance
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Retirement planning
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentives
- Educational Assistance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- PLUS, MORE Coming in January 2017 – BRAND NEW Access to the TOP TIER State & Federal Student Loan Repayment Programs (paying out between $50K-$90K/Year!!!)
The Nurse Practitioner, working under the supervision of the clinic physician, provides primary care to participants. This person will perform assessment of potential participants and develops and implements appropriate plans of care. Evaluates and initiates treatment orders for participant physical complaints and provides appropriate treatment. Oversees the care needs of participants in nursing homes. Provides participant and family teaching. Functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team. Promotes professional working relationships with both internal and external customers. Adheres to and supports all organizational policies and procedures and standards.
- Graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner program is required.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado and certified as a NP with prescriptive authority required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with the frail elderly population is required.
- Must have a current Colorado Driver’s License and driving record must be in compliance with Company policy. Must maintain current automobile insurance.
We are looking for someone who supports teamwork and a positive cultural environment! We want personality!
- Performs initial physical assessment of visitors. Appropriately identifies and documents problems in medical records. Review potential participant medical records. Educate potential participants on program model and assess their goals/needs to identify unified goals for program.
- Performs periodic assessments of participants including medication oversight and review. Updates the plan of care, problem list and data with appropriate documentation.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of participants.
- Oversees the care needs of participants in nursing homes.
- Communicates effectively with participants, caregivers and staff. Effective team member at morning meetings, I&A, family meetings, care conferences and any other meetings as necessary.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention and promotion of functioning.
- Performs blood draws, does EKGs, dressing changes, and any other nursing interventions as needed.
- Provides alternative methods of therapy to participants. Educates participants and caregivers regarding healthcare issues.
- Maintains and fulfills clinic documentation requirements.
- Collaborates with and oversees Home Care RNs in order to provide emotional and spiritual support to participants.
- Manages medical emergencies in a calm and effective manner.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions and practices universal precautions.
- Maintains safe working environment.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
*** Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and criminal background check. ***