Psych RN – FT Day Shift Opportunity in Lakewood, CO
Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Lakewood, CO
Term: Full-time, Employee
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm
Compensation: $64,800 Base Salary + Full Benefits + Generous PTO + Etc. (more details below…)
This position will provide psychiatric nursing services to patients by collaborating with prescribers in all phases of medication management and follow-up, medication groups, medication problems and side effects and identifying potential physical problems impacting the mental health of consumers.
- Coordinate prescription refills; respond to all refill requests within 3 business days.
- Coordinate PAP refills; respond to all refill requests within 3 business days
- Assist consumer with med box refills.
- Review and order labs, notify prescriber of any abnormal labs requiring immediate attention.
- Assist prescribers in tracking and meeting timeframes for annual labs and AIMs
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate medication processing and applications with PAP office.
- Stock and reconcile the medication cabinets.
- Provide consumers with medication education.
- Screen calls from consumers for medication problems and refills. Return calls promptly, within 24 hours during working days.
- Monitor consumers for side effects of meds, including AIMS testing or any medical condition that may affect their mental illness.
- Monitor and review consumers’ charts for medication/medical issues with appropriate follow-up.
- Coordination of care with consumers’ prescribers, including documentation of medical medications & dosing, physical diagnoses, monitoring of potential medication interactions with psychiatric medications, and referrals as indicated.
- Submit prior authorizations to consumers’ insurance in a timely fashion; address medication changes with prescribers as needed.
- Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan if required.
- Participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Report high risk/problem cases, and utilize a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attend supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
- Provide group treatment as determined by Network Director.
- Engage child and adult consumers and their families in the treatment process and goal-setting, primarily for medications only clients. Identify risk factors including lethality. Work constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcomes, and coordinate care with internal and external providers.
- Applicant should exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
- Cooperate with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor. Volunteer to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
- Provide back-up for clinical emergencies as needed with various other Center offices.
- AARN, BSRN, MSRN with addition of two or more years of experience and/or training in a psychiatric setting.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of psychotropic medications and their side effects.
- Candidate must have developed awareness of various medical conditions, medication interactions or side effects that may affect the health or psychological functioning of a client.
- Applicant must have basic computer skills such as e-mail and prescription writing.
Our client offers an outstanding benefits package, including a very generous PTO plan, medical insurance, health savings accounts, dental, vision, mail-order prescriptions, vision, employer paid short and long-term disability insurance, employer matching 401(k), EAP, and flex spending accounts. We offer free supervision for employees working towards licensure.